Day in Washington- The Disability Policy Podcast explores and discusses various aspects of disability policy. Each episode will cover a specific issue within disability, and/or a disability-related news article. These 5-10 minute podcasts offer an easy to understand introduction to disability policy and resources for those interested in further study. You can find the text of each podcast in the comments. If you have difficulty downloading the podcast, please right-click and save it to your computer for playback.
On Janary 16th the House Energy and Commerce Committee's Subcommittee on Health held a hearing titled, Helping Families with Needed Care: Medicaid's Critical Role for Americans with Disabilities. Although advertised throughout the disability community as a hearing on the Community Choice Act, the hearing itself covered much much more.
– Introduction, Date of Podcast
– Helping Families with Needed Care: Medicaid's Critical Role for Americans with Disabilities
– Chairman’s Statement
– Diane Rowland – Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured
– Julie Beckett – Family Voices
– Stephanie Thomas – Institute of Disability Access and ADAPT
– Celine Fortin – The ARC of New Jersey
– Ralph Gronefeld – ResCare
– Aileen McCormick – AmeriGroup Texas, Inc. and America’s Health Insurance Plans
– Closing and Contact information