In conjunction with the Office of Personnel management, the Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) is cultivating a Federal Hiring Expo specifically aimed at increasing the employment of individuals with disabilities. This will be a bit different from your typical job fair in that the agencies will be looking to hire candidates on site rather than just accept resumes. In order to be able to do this, they are asking individuals with disabilities who would like to participate in the fair to visit the USA Jobs website to register and post their resumes. This will allow the Federal employers to contact them and prep them for interviews at the hiring expo.The website will not launch until March, however the save the date has just been released to begin the process of informing the candidates for the expo. Below is the text from the Department of Labor’s Save the Date. What makes this Expo different from other “hiring fairs” in the past is that at this one, ONLY agencies who have openings and are ready to hire will be able to participate. Please feel free to forward this document or link to this site as this Federal Government Hiring Expo looks to be a great opportunity for people with disabilities.
SAVE THE DATE for the Federal Hiring Event for People and Veterans with Disabilities in Washington, D.C. on April 26, 2010
· Have you explored opportunities to work for the Federal government, but were overwhelmed by the application process?
· Do you want to work in an environment that embraces diversity and inclusion and the talent you offer?
· Are you interested in a career opportunity with benefits and the potential for career progression?
· Are you a Veteran with a disability who wants to extend your service to your Nation?
If so, now is the time for you to begin your career of service. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the U. S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy are sponsoring this day-long Federal Government-wide Hiring Event. Representatives from many agencies will be reviewing resumes prior to the event, and inviting prospective candidates for interviews.
To help prospective candidates prepare for this event, three pre-Expo webinars will be offered on:
· Why Work for the Federal Government?
· Preparing a Resume' for Federal Employment
· Obtaining Your Schedule A Documentation
More information will be on the OPM Website after March 8, 2010.